1. What are Family Resource Centers (FRC)?
A community or school-based welcoming hub of support, services, and opportunities for families that:
– Utilizes a multi-generational approach
– Is strengeths-based, and family centered
– Reflects and is responsive to community needs and interests
– Provides support at no or low cost for participants
2. What do Family Resource Centers do?
– Enhance parenting skills
– Foster the healthy development and well-being of children, youth, families, and communities
– Prevent child abuse and neglect
– Increase school readiness
– Connect families to resources
– Develop parent and community leadership
– Support family economic success
– Partner with community organizations
3. What are the Goals of Family Resource Centers?
– To support families to be strong, healthy, and successful
– To contribute to building a strong and healthy community
– To reduce the likelihood of child abuse and neglect by building the research-based Strengthening Families Protective Factors